Midlands Christmas Charity Rook & Reindeer
STOURPORT-ON-SEVERN R.P.C. & H.B.S.A.
CHRISTMAS ROOK & REINDEER CHARITY SHOOT
Pre-booked entries ONLY (Entry Form attached)
All proceeds will go to Macmillan Cancer Support
This Christmas shoot will be held at Bonemill Range, Stourport on Severn
The event generally is intended for traditional British single shot Rook & Rabbit sporting rifles (and their foreign equivalents) from the 1865-1914 period.
- Full-stocked military training rifles such as .310 Cadets and .22 WO Training rifles are welcome
- Additionally for this event the end date has been extended to 1960, therefore later Central Fire and Rim Fire Rifles are also welcome
- No “Modern” rifles to be used
- To maintain a level playing field “Iron Sights Only” allowed in matches 1 & 2, no telescopic sights
- Any sights can be used in the ANY RIFLE match 3
This shoot is intended for enjoyment and to provide funds for a worthy cause so please come along and have a good mornings shoot.
- Members of the Stourport RPC and HBSA
- and others, dependent upon range space
- Each Rifle shall be a single-shot rifle weighing under 6¾ lbs, or a double rifle, and shall be chambered for a cartridge for which the Factory Loading Muzzle Energy is less than 450 ft.lbs.
- Sights shall be contemporaneous to the class of Rifle but must be iron type (Open Vee or Aperture)
- A hooked butt-plate, palm-rest or ring (aperture) foresight shall not be used
- Fixed ammunition only shall be used and must be loaded singly
- For Vintage Rifles, the propellant must be 100% blackpowder
- Orthoptic accessories, slings and padded gloves are not permitted, but at 50 yards the firer may sit or kneel on a groundsheet, padded mat or a small stool (equivalent to a straw bale) may be used
- All Rifles shall be in Proof and appropriately licensed
- 50 yards (Sitting, Kneeling or Standing)
- 25 yards (Standing)
- To be of a Christmas nature, one Scoring Target at each Distance.
COURSE of FIRE:
- At each Distance, a ten-minute shooting period, with the best 10 to count from 13 shots
- Competitors will fire at 25m first, then at 50m.
MATCH 1: Any Historical Rim Fire Rifles with Iron sights
MATCH 2: Any Historic Central Fire Rifles with Iron sights
MATCH 3: Any Rifle (pre 1960) with any sights
PRIZES: HBSA prize certificates will be issued as usual
- Each competitor may enter up to 4 times, preferably with different rifles but you may use the same rifle twice if you don’t have the luxury of owning more than one rifle
- The entry fee is £10 for 2 matches, additional entries will be charged at £5 each, with all profits going to MacMillan Cancer Support
- Competitors should report at the firing point as notified prior to the match
- We hope to be able to provide Hot Drinks and refreshments
- A prize raffle will be held based on your entry, (2 entries 2 raffle tickets etc)